A statement from The White House on Monday, March 21st, 2022, urged businesses to protect themselves from cyberattacks.
“The Biden-Harris Administration has warned repeatedly about the potential for Russia to engage in malicious cyber activity against the United States in response to the unprecedented economic sanctions we have imposed. There is now evolving intelligence that Russia may be exploring options for potential cyberattacks.”
As the war in Ukraine continues, the U.S. Government is becoming increasingly worried and are warning about the possibility of Russian cyberattacks.
President Biden’s Administration has given several warnings and tools, including the launch of the CISA Shield’s Up campaign. The most recent announcement is a warning of a growing likelihood of these attacks.
“If you have not already done so, I urge our private sector partners to harden your cyber defenses immediately by implementing the best practices we have developed together over the last year. You have the power, the capacity, and the responsibility to strengthen the cybersecurity and resilience of the critical services and technologies on which Americans rely. We need everyone to do their part to meet one of the defining threats of our time — your vigilance and urgency today can prevent or mitigate attacks tomorrow.“
The White House and CISA have provided a list of actions your business can take NOW to protect against these attacks:
- Back up your data and ensure you have offline backups beyond the reach of malicious actors.
- Run exercises and drill your emergency plans so that you are prepared to respond quickly to minimize the impact of any attack.
- Change passwords across your networks so that previously stolen credentials are useless to malicious actors.
- Mandate the use of multi-factor authentication on your systems to make it harder for attackers to get onto your system.
- Deploy modern security tools on your computers and devices to continuously look for and mitigate threats.
- Check with your cybersecurity professionals to make sure your systems are patched & protected against all known vulnerabilities.
Protecting Your Business can be Daunting – We’re Here to Help!
We understand that protecting your business can seem like a daunting task, and you may be unsure how to even get started. CTG Tech is here to help you take the first step.
We are offering local businesses a chance to learn about cybersecurity risks that currently exist in their network, and a consultation on how to mitigate them. CTG Tech is always available to answer any questions or concerns you may have about the security of your business.
Ready to take the first step? Contact us today!
For more updates like these as well as hand-picked technology tips, sign up for our Enewsletter.